Arms found in Maoist hideout in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A cache of arms were seized from a Maoist hideout in Odisha`s Koraput district by the elite COBRA battalion and district voluntary force on Tuesday.
However, no Maoist was apprehended.
The weapons were found in a pit inside Musulmunda forest under Narayanpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"The Maoists had dumped the weapons to retrieve it in some future date to use it in their offensives. We were tipped-off about the presence of the arms and an operation was launched to recover it," he said.
Police said two country-made guns, two pistols, a landmine and few detonators along with Maoists` belongings were recovered from the spot.
Yesterday, BSF jawans and district police personnel had seized a landmine weighing around 20-kg and kept in a small cave on a hill near Piliibore village also under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'