Arms found in Maoist hideout in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A cache of arms were seized from a Maoist hideout in Odisha`s Koraput district by the elite COBRA battalion and district voluntary force on Tuesday.
However, no Maoist was apprehended.
The weapons were found in a pit inside Musulmunda forest under Narayanpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"The Maoists had dumped the weapons to retrieve it in some future date to use it in their offensives. We were tipped-off about the presence of the arms and an operation was launched to recover it," he said.
Police said two country-made guns, two pistols, a landmine and few detonators along with Maoists` belongings were recovered from the spot.
Yesterday, BSF jawans and district police personnel had seized a landmine weighing around 20-kg and kept in a small cave on a hill near Piliibore village also under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte apologises for captive Canadian's beheading by militants
- Jennifer Aniston's mother Nancy Dow dies at 79
- Ayodhya self-defence camp: Azam Khan slams Bajrang Dal, says its polarising society
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir