Arms found in Maoist hideout in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A cache of arms were seized from a Maoist hideout in Odisha`s Koraput district by the elite COBRA battalion and district voluntary force on Tuesday.
However, no Maoist was apprehended.
The weapons were found in a pit inside Musulmunda forest under Narayanpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"The Maoists had dumped the weapons to retrieve it in some future date to use it in their offensives. We were tipped-off about the presence of the arms and an operation was launched to recover it," he said.
Police said two country-made guns, two pistols, a landmine and few detonators along with Maoists` belongings were recovered from the spot.
Yesterday, BSF jawans and district police personnel had seized a landmine weighing around 20-kg and kept in a small cave on a hill near Piliibore village also under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'