Arms found in Maoist hideout in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A cache of arms were seized from a Maoist hideout in Odisha`s Koraput district by the elite COBRA battalion and district voluntary force on Tuesday.
However, no Maoist was apprehended.
The weapons were found in a pit inside Musulmunda forest under Narayanpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"The Maoists had dumped the weapons to retrieve it in some future date to use it in their offensives. We were tipped-off about the presence of the arms and an operation was launched to recover it," he said.
Police said two country-made guns, two pistols, a landmine and few detonators along with Maoists` belongings were recovered from the spot.
Yesterday, BSF jawans and district police personnel had seized a landmine weighing around 20-kg and kept in a small cave on a hill near Piliibore village also under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'