Arms found in Maoist hideout in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A cache of arms were seized from a Maoist hideout in Odisha`s Koraput district by the elite COBRA battalion and district voluntary force on Tuesday.
However, no Maoist was apprehended.
The weapons were found in a pit inside Musulmunda forest under Narayanpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"The Maoists had dumped the weapons to retrieve it in some future date to use it in their offensives. We were tipped-off about the presence of the arms and an operation was launched to recover it," he said.
Police said two country-made guns, two pistols, a landmine and few detonators along with Maoists` belongings were recovered from the spot.
Yesterday, BSF jawans and district police personnel had seized a landmine weighing around 20-kg and kept in a small cave on a hill near Piliibore village also under Narayanpatna police limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal