Arrangements to solve drinking water problem in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Odisha government has decided to sink at least 45 tube-wells in this town in Ganjam district and press more tankers into service to mitigate the drinking water problem this summer.
Executive engineer of urban water supply (Berhampur) P K Mohapatra has sought suggestions from Berhampur Municipal Corporation to select water-starved areas for installation of tube-wells and engage more tankers, official sources said on Wednesday.
Besides piped water supply, as many as 47 tankers had been pressed into service for water supply in the town, he said. More tankers would be deployed for supply of water in the town if necessary, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video