Arrangements to solve drinking water problem in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Odisha government has decided to sink at least 45 tube-wells in this town in Ganjam district and press more tankers into service to mitigate the drinking water problem this summer.
Executive engineer of urban water supply (Berhampur) P K Mohapatra has sought suggestions from Berhampur Municipal Corporation to select water-starved areas for installation of tube-wells and engage more tankers, official sources said on Wednesday.
Besides piped water supply, as many as 47 tankers had been pressed into service for water supply in the town, he said. More tankers would be deployed for supply of water in the town if necessary, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16