ASI released by Naxals recovering in hospital
Cuttack: A day after he was released by
Maoists, doctors attending on the policeman who was in Naxal`s
custody for 10 days today said his condition was stable.
Assistant sub-inspector Umesh Marandi is undergoing
treatment in the ICU of the medicine department of the SCB
medical college hospital, where a team of doctors
drawn from various wings and headed by the superintendent D N
Moharana are attending to him.
The policeman, a diabetic patient, was abducted by the
Maoists on July 7 and released yesterday after 10-days of
captivity. He was rushed here and was admitted in the hospital
last night itself.
Several clinical tests, including ECG were done on the
55-year-old policeman and the reports are encouraging, said a
doctor treating him.
"The status of his heart is normal. But he has developed
acute gastritis-related abnormalities due to unusual food
intake, said Dr Moharana.
Meanwhile, the Director General of Orissa police
Manmohan Praharaj visited the ailing ASI at the hospital and
enquired about his condition.
Assistant sub-inspector of police Umesh Chandra Marandi,
was released at Palaspala forest area in Keonjhar district
this afternoon, a rebel leader told a section of
Keonjhar-based reporters over phone yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Left comeback in Kerala: Pinarayi Vijayan takes oath as 12th Chief Minister
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks