ASI released by Naxals recovering in hospital
Cuttack: A day after he was released by
Maoists, doctors attending on the policeman who was in Naxal`s
custody for 10 days today said his condition was stable.
Assistant sub-inspector Umesh Marandi is undergoing
treatment in the ICU of the medicine department of the SCB
medical college hospital, where a team of doctors
drawn from various wings and headed by the superintendent D N
Moharana are attending to him.
The policeman, a diabetic patient, was abducted by the
Maoists on July 7 and released yesterday after 10-days of
captivity. He was rushed here and was admitted in the hospital
last night itself.
Several clinical tests, including ECG were done on the
55-year-old policeman and the reports are encouraging, said a
doctor treating him.
"The status of his heart is normal. But he has developed
acute gastritis-related abnormalities due to unusual food
intake, said Dr Moharana.
Meanwhile, the Director General of Orissa police
Manmohan Praharaj visited the ailing ASI at the hospital and
enquired about his condition.
Assistant sub-inspector of police Umesh Chandra Marandi,
was released at Palaspala forest area in Keonjhar district
this afternoon, a rebel leader told a section of
Keonjhar-based reporters over phone yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway