Babies born on cyclone night to be named `Phailin`
Berhampur: They were born at a time when cyclone Phailin hit land close to the Gopalpur coast on the October 12 night.
Staff of several city hospitals where these babies were born, suggested to name them after the cyclone Phailin.
At least 27 babies were born in the town in three major hospitals including MKCG Medical College and Hospital (7), Christian Hospital (17) and City Hospital (3), sources said.
"We have suggested their parents to name their babies as Phailin as they born during devastating cyclonic storm," Christian Hospital director NK Nanda said, adding, that among the 17 babies born at Christian Hospital six were girls.
"Three of them were born in between 8.22pm to 10.15pm when the cyclonic storm was very powerful in the district. All the newborn babies and their mothers are in good shape," Nanda said.
Lalita Barik of Khajuria who delivered a baby girl at the Medical College during the Cyclone, was also suggested to name her baby after Phailin.
The baby, however, has been suffering from jaundice was undergoing treatment in the medical college.
"I have lost four children earlier. But, if my daughter survives, I will definitely name her Phailin," Lalita assured the medical staff.
Similarly, relatives of a woman who delivered a baby boy at a cyclone shelter centre at the Government Girls` High school here, suggested her to name him `Tufaan` (storm).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference