Baby swap? `Deliveries should be videographed`
Cuttack: A Orissa High Court appointed committee has suggested that deliveries in the labour room be videographed and forensic test of footprints of newborns be made immediately after birth to avoid baby swap claims.
The suggestion came from an advocates committee appointed by the High Court, which visited the SCB Medical College Hospital yesterday where a woman has refused to accept a baby girl as her daughter.
The woman Rashmita Mallick of nearby Asureswar delivered a baby girl on March 30, but has refused to accept her after her mother-in-law claimed that she had seen her giving birth to a baby boy.
Rashmita’s husband has lodged a police complaint. The baby is being fed milk from other nursing mothers by hospital nurses.
The committee advised the hospital authorities to video record deliveries in the labour room henceforth along with statements of mothers.
"We have also advised the hospital authorities to send footprint impressions of a child for forensic test and introduce the system of maintaining baby tags in the labour room in future," amicus curie Pravat Ranjan Dash, who was among the committee, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened