Bail pleas of four Maoists filed in HC
Cuttack: Bail petitions of four Maoists, whose release among others was demanded by the ultras in exchange of the abducted Malkangiri collector and a junior
engineer, were filed in Orissa High Court on Thursday.
The bail applications of Andaluri Eswari (29), Roja Mandini (21), Kendula Sirisha (42) and Gokul Kuldipia (42) were filed.
All the four were arrested from Similiguda on November 13 last year when they were on their way to Narayanpatna in Orissa from Andhra Pradesh in a jeep.
Police had seized Maoist literature, combat uniform and letters written in Telugu to some Maoist commanders from the ultras.
All were booked under Unlawful Activities (Preventive) Act.
Their advocate PK Jena had secured bail yesterday for a senior Maoist leader, Ganti Prasad whose freedom was also demanded by the Maoists during the hostage crisis which ended tonight with the release of Malkangiri Collector RV Krishna.
The junior engineer Pabitra Kumar Majhi was released yesterday after both were abducted on February 16.
The advocate also filed bail application for another Maoist Gouranga Jena (36), who was arrested by Sambalpur police in June 2008.
It is not known whether Jena`s release was demanded by the Maoists.
All the bail applications are likely to come up for hearing on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH