Bail pleas of four Maoists filed in HC
Cuttack: Bail petitions of four Maoists, whose release among others was demanded by the ultras in exchange of the abducted Malkangiri collector and a junior
engineer, were filed in Orissa High Court on Thursday.
The bail applications of Andaluri Eswari (29), Roja Mandini (21), Kendula Sirisha (42) and Gokul Kuldipia (42) were filed.
All the four were arrested from Similiguda on November 13 last year when they were on their way to Narayanpatna in Orissa from Andhra Pradesh in a jeep.
Police had seized Maoist literature, combat uniform and letters written in Telugu to some Maoist commanders from the ultras.
All were booked under Unlawful Activities (Preventive) Act.
Their advocate PK Jena had secured bail yesterday for a senior Maoist leader, Ganti Prasad whose freedom was also demanded by the Maoists during the hostage crisis which ended tonight with the release of Malkangiri Collector RV Krishna.
The junior engineer Pabitra Kumar Majhi was released yesterday after both were abducted on February 16.
The advocate also filed bail application for another Maoist Gouranga Jena (36), who was arrested by Sambalpur police in June 2008.
It is not known whether Jena`s release was demanded by the Maoists.
All the bail applications are likely to come up for hearing on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij