Balangir bandh peaceful, CM effigy burnt
Balangir (Odisha): Normal life was affected and effigy of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik burnt in Balangir during a 12-hour bandh called by Congress alleging deterioration in law and order situation in the district and pressing for several demands.
The dawn-to-dusk shut-down demanded among other things quick steps for construction of lower Suktel irrigation project, a bypass road and establishment of a government medical college at Balangir.
Shops and business establishments, banks, post offices, petrol pumps and school and colleges remained closed during the bandh which passed off peacefully without any untoward incident, police said.
Vehicles were off the road as Congress activists picketed at many places including government offices.
They staged a dharna outside the collectorate and burnt effigies of Chief Minister Naveen Pattnaik, MLA AU Singhdeo and MP Kalikesh Singhdeo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read