Baliyatra festival extended on public demand
Cuttack: Baliyatra festival has been extended by a day following public demand.
The seven-day festival, which was opened on November 28, will now end on December 5, instead of on Tuesday as was announced earlier.
“Electricity and water supply to the festival grounds would continue till Wednesday”, said Cuttack district collector Girish SN.
A record five lakh people visited the fair grounds yesterday, official sources said adding the footfall would increase in the remaining days.
The end of Baliyatra would also bring curtains down on the three-month long festive season of the city which began with Ganesh puja in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband