Baliyatra festival extended on public demand
Cuttack: Baliyatra festival has been extended by a day following public demand.
The seven-day festival, which was opened on November 28, will now end on December 5, instead of on Tuesday as was announced earlier.
“Electricity and water supply to the festival grounds would continue till Wednesday”, said Cuttack district collector Girish SN.
A record five lakh people visited the fair grounds yesterday, official sources said adding the footfall would increase in the remaining days.
The end of Baliyatra would also bring curtains down on the three-month long festive season of the city which began with Ganesh puja in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch