Baliyatra festival extended on public demand
Cuttack: Baliyatra festival has been extended by a day following public demand.
The seven-day festival, which was opened on November 28, will now end on December 5, instead of on Tuesday as was announced earlier.
“Electricity and water supply to the festival grounds would continue till Wednesday”, said Cuttack district collector Girish SN.
A record five lakh people visited the fair grounds yesterday, official sources said adding the footfall would increase in the remaining days.
The end of Baliyatra would also bring curtains down on the three-month long festive season of the city which began with Ganesh puja in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report