Baliyatra festival extended on public demand
Cuttack: Baliyatra festival has been extended by a day following public demand.
The seven-day festival, which was opened on November 28, will now end on December 5, instead of on Tuesday as was announced earlier.
“Electricity and water supply to the festival grounds would continue till Wednesday”, said Cuttack district collector Girish SN.
A record five lakh people visited the fair grounds yesterday, official sources said adding the footfall would increase in the remaining days.
The end of Baliyatra would also bring curtains down on the three-month long festive season of the city which began with Ganesh puja in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'