Baliyatra festival extended on public demand
Cuttack: Baliyatra festival has been extended by a day following public demand.
The seven-day festival, which was opened on November 28, will now end on December 5, instead of on Tuesday as was announced earlier.
“Electricity and water supply to the festival grounds would continue till Wednesday”, said Cuttack district collector Girish SN.
A record five lakh people visited the fair grounds yesterday, official sources said adding the footfall would increase in the remaining days.
The end of Baliyatra would also bring curtains down on the three-month long festive season of the city which began with Ganesh puja in September.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani