Bandh in Kandhamal district
Phulbani (Odisha): The 12-hour bandh in Kandhamal district called by the G Udayagiri unit of Nikhil Utkal Kui Samaj today in protest against arrest of its leader Lambodar Kanhar hit normal life but was peaceful.
Traffic was off the roads and banks, educational institutions and business establishments were closed.
No untoward incident was reported and the bandh was peaceful, Additional Superintendent of Police G C Mallik said.
Kanhar, the leader of Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti was arrested yesterday for alleged attack on job aspirants for the post of sikshya sahayaks here on Tuesday in which around 30 persons including women were injured.
KSSS, an outfit of Kui tribes, comprised three zonal committees - G Udayagiri, Baliguda and Phulbani and 14 sub-committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!