Bandh in Kandhamal district
Phulbani (Odisha): The 12-hour bandh in Kandhamal district called by the G Udayagiri unit of Nikhil Utkal Kui Samaj today in protest against arrest of its leader Lambodar Kanhar hit normal life but was peaceful.
Traffic was off the roads and banks, educational institutions and business establishments were closed.
No untoward incident was reported and the bandh was peaceful, Additional Superintendent of Police G C Mallik said.
Kanhar, the leader of Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti was arrested yesterday for alleged attack on job aspirants for the post of sikshya sahayaks here on Tuesday in which around 30 persons including women were injured.
KSSS, an outfit of Kui tribes, comprised three zonal committees - G Udayagiri, Baliguda and Phulbani and 14 sub-committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader