Bandh in Kandhamal district
Phulbani (Odisha): The 12-hour bandh in Kandhamal district called by the G Udayagiri unit of Nikhil Utkal Kui Samaj today in protest against arrest of its leader Lambodar Kanhar hit normal life but was peaceful.
Traffic was off the roads and banks, educational institutions and business establishments were closed.
No untoward incident was reported and the bandh was peaceful, Additional Superintendent of Police G C Mallik said.
Kanhar, the leader of Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti was arrested yesterday for alleged attack on job aspirants for the post of sikshya sahayaks here on Tuesday in which around 30 persons including women were injured.
KSSS, an outfit of Kui tribes, comprised three zonal committees - G Udayagiri, Baliguda and Phulbani and 14 sub-committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why