Bandh in Kandhamal district
Phulbani (Odisha): The 12-hour bandh in Kandhamal district called by the G Udayagiri unit of Nikhil Utkal Kui Samaj today in protest against arrest of its leader Lambodar Kanhar hit normal life but was peaceful.
Traffic was off the roads and banks, educational institutions and business establishments were closed.
No untoward incident was reported and the bandh was peaceful, Additional Superintendent of Police G C Mallik said.
Kanhar, the leader of Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti was arrested yesterday for alleged attack on job aspirants for the post of sikshya sahayaks here on Tuesday in which around 30 persons including women were injured.
KSSS, an outfit of Kui tribes, comprised three zonal committees - G Udayagiri, Baliguda and Phulbani and 14 sub-committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack