Bandh in Kandhamal district
Phulbani (Odisha): The 12-hour bandh in Kandhamal district called by the G Udayagiri unit of Nikhil Utkal Kui Samaj today in protest against arrest of its leader Lambodar Kanhar hit normal life but was peaceful.
Traffic was off the roads and banks, educational institutions and business establishments were closed.
No untoward incident was reported and the bandh was peaceful, Additional Superintendent of Police G C Mallik said.
Kanhar, the leader of Kui Samaj Samanoya Samiti was arrested yesterday for alleged attack on job aspirants for the post of sikshya sahayaks here on Tuesday in which around 30 persons including women were injured.
KSSS, an outfit of Kui tribes, comprised three zonal committees - G Udayagiri, Baliguda and Phulbani and 14 sub-committees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week
- Rajasthan shocker: When "mera baap chor hai" was tattooed on a woman's forehead for not bringing dowry
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor