Bandh observed in 4 southern Odisha districts
Nabarangpur: Normal life was affected due to a bandh in four southern Odisha districts comprising Nabarangpur, Koraput, Malkangiri and Rayagada due to a bandh observed in response to a call given by the Bar Associations to press the demand for establishment of a bench of the State High Court at a suitable place here.
They demanded a High Court bench at any place in undivided Koraput District. All most all political parties and associations of the district supported the bandh.
In the district headquarters towns of the four districts Central and state Government offices, banks, courts and business establishment remained closed on the day.
Same situation also prevailed in other small towns. Advocates along with supporters took out procession in all the places giving slogans for establishment of the high court bench and blocked the national high way and other routes.
Vehicular movements remained off the roads throughout the district. The 12 hour bandh passed peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you