Bandh observed in 4 southern Odisha districts
Nabarangpur: Normal life was affected due to a bandh in four southern Odisha districts comprising Nabarangpur, Koraput, Malkangiri and Rayagada due to a bandh observed in response to a call given by the Bar Associations to press the demand for establishment of a bench of the State High Court at a suitable place here.
They demanded a High Court bench at any place in undivided Koraput District. All most all political parties and associations of the district supported the bandh.
In the district headquarters towns of the four districts Central and state Government offices, banks, courts and business establishment remained closed on the day.
Same situation also prevailed in other small towns. Advocates along with supporters took out procession in all the places giving slogans for establishment of the high court bench and blocked the national high way and other routes.
Vehicular movements remained off the roads throughout the district. The 12 hour bandh passed peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh