Bandh observed in 4 southern Odisha districts
Nabarangpur: Normal life was affected due to a bandh in four southern Odisha districts comprising Nabarangpur, Koraput, Malkangiri and Rayagada due to a bandh observed in response to a call given by the Bar Associations to press the demand for establishment of a bench of the State High Court at a suitable place here.
They demanded a High Court bench at any place in undivided Koraput District. All most all political parties and associations of the district supported the bandh.
In the district headquarters towns of the four districts Central and state Government offices, banks, courts and business establishment remained closed on the day.
Same situation also prevailed in other small towns. Advocates along with supporters took out procession in all the places giving slogans for establishment of the high court bench and blocked the national high way and other routes.
Vehicular movements remained off the roads throughout the district. The 12 hour bandh passed peacefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre