Bank officer arrested for duping traders in Odisha
Berhampur: A private bank executive officer was arrested on the charge of duping several traders of Paralakhemundi in Gajapati district of nearly Rs 52 lakh, police said Tuesday.
G Ramesh (26), a contractual executive of a private bank, allegedly collected the money from several businessmen luring them with false bank schemes, offering high interest rate of 18 per cent on investment, cheap gold coins and gifts, SDPO (Parlakhemundi) Gagarin Mohanty said.
"We came to know that the accused was using fake documents to collect money from depositors," Mohanty said.
The fraud came to light when some of the depositors approached the bank and it denied having such schemes. The depositors then lodged complaints with the police.
A case was registered and the accused arrested on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog