Bank officer arrested for duping traders in Odisha
Berhampur: A private bank executive officer was arrested on the charge of duping several traders of Paralakhemundi in Gajapati district of nearly Rs 52 lakh, police said Tuesday.
G Ramesh (26), a contractual executive of a private bank, allegedly collected the money from several businessmen luring them with false bank schemes, offering high interest rate of 18 per cent on investment, cheap gold coins and gifts, SDPO (Parlakhemundi) Gagarin Mohanty said.
"We came to know that the accused was using fake documents to collect money from depositors," Mohanty said.
The fraud came to light when some of the depositors approached the bank and it denied having such schemes. The depositors then lodged complaints with the police.
A case was registered and the accused arrested on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire