Bank officer arrested for duping traders in Odisha
Berhampur: A private bank executive officer was arrested on the charge of duping several traders of Paralakhemundi in Gajapati district of nearly Rs 52 lakh, police said Tuesday.
G Ramesh (26), a contractual executive of a private bank, allegedly collected the money from several businessmen luring them with false bank schemes, offering high interest rate of 18 per cent on investment, cheap gold coins and gifts, SDPO (Parlakhemundi) Gagarin Mohanty said.
"We came to know that the accused was using fake documents to collect money from depositors," Mohanty said.
The fraud came to light when some of the depositors approached the bank and it denied having such schemes. The depositors then lodged complaints with the police.
A case was registered and the accused arrested on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid