BDO accused of molestation
Jajpur (Odisha): An investigation has
been ordered into a complaint of molestation against the Block Development Officer of Rasulpur in Jajpur district.
A case has been registered on the written complaint by a woman and investigation is underway, Jajpur Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar said today.
The woman a resident of Braman Narasinhgapur village under Kuakhia police in her FIR alleged that she had gone to the office of the BDO to complain that she was being denied rice under the Antyodaya Yojana.
She alleged that the BDO asked her to wait and after some time barged in and molested her. When she raisen an alarm three persons who were waiting outside the room came in and rescued her.
She said she went to the Kuakhia police station and requested the inspector-in-charge (IIC) to lodge an FIR, but was refused after which she approached the SP in his office at Panikoili.
The SP ordered the IIC of Kuakhia police station to register a case.
The BDO denied the charges saying it was baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble