BDO accused of molestation
Jajpur (Odisha): An investigation has
been ordered into a complaint of molestation against the Block Development Officer of Rasulpur in Jajpur district.
A case has been registered on the written complaint by a woman and investigation is underway, Jajpur Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar said today.
The woman a resident of Braman Narasinhgapur village under Kuakhia police in her FIR alleged that she had gone to the office of the BDO to complain that she was being denied rice under the Antyodaya Yojana.
She alleged that the BDO asked her to wait and after some time barged in and molested her. When she raisen an alarm three persons who were waiting outside the room came in and rescued her.
She said she went to the Kuakhia police station and requested the inspector-in-charge (IIC) to lodge an FIR, but was refused after which she approached the SP in his office at Panikoili.
The SP ordered the IIC of Kuakhia police station to register a case.
The BDO denied the charges saying it was baseless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?