Bear, 2 cubs rescued from house by forest officials in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A bear and two newborn cubs were rescued from a house in Bodo Puria village of Koraput district after it strayed there four days back, forest officials said today.
"We had placed a cage at the entrance of the house and put molasses and other food to lure the bear. It did not take any food for three days after delivering the cubs. But it came to the cage in search of food and was caught yesterday," Divisional Forest Officer (Jeypore) Bijay Ketan Acharya said.
The bear along with the two cubs was released in a nearby forest, he said.
Earlier, the movement of the animal, which had entered the tribal house on Thursday last, was being monitored by 30 forest officials to ensure there is no human causality, Acharya said.
The local administration had shifted 69 people residing in the area to a school premises on Thursday, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened