Bear, 2 cubs rescued from house by forest officials in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A bear and two newborn cubs were rescued from a house in Bodo Puria village of Koraput district after it strayed there four days back, forest officials said today.
"We had placed a cage at the entrance of the house and put molasses and other food to lure the bear. It did not take any food for three days after delivering the cubs. But it came to the cage in search of food and was caught yesterday," Divisional Forest Officer (Jeypore) Bijay Ketan Acharya said.
The bear along with the two cubs was released in a nearby forest, he said.
Earlier, the movement of the animal, which had entered the tribal house on Thursday last, was being monitored by 30 forest officials to ensure there is no human causality, Acharya said.
The local administration had shifted 69 people residing in the area to a school premises on Thursday, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!