Bear, 2 cubs rescued from house by forest officials in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A bear and two newborn cubs were rescued from a house in Bodo Puria village of Koraput district after it strayed there four days back, forest officials said today.
"We had placed a cage at the entrance of the house and put molasses and other food to lure the bear. It did not take any food for three days after delivering the cubs. But it came to the cage in search of food and was caught yesterday," Divisional Forest Officer (Jeypore) Bijay Ketan Acharya said.
The bear along with the two cubs was released in a nearby forest, he said.
Earlier, the movement of the animal, which had entered the tribal house on Thursday last, was being monitored by 30 forest officials to ensure there is no human causality, Acharya said.
The local administration had shifted 69 people residing in the area to a school premises on Thursday, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player