Bear mauls three villagers, devours most body parts
Deogarh: Three persons including two women were mauled by a wild bear in a forest in Odisha`s Deogarh district, official sources said here on Saturday.
Two women of Panibhandar village had gone to nearby Balipatia forests to collect forest produces on Thursday when they were attacked by the wild bear.
As they did not return home, a group of villagers went into the woods in search of the duo yesterday and spotted the bear devouring their body parts, said Ramakanta Mishra, Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Deogarh.
The bear then turned its ire on to the villagers and chased them. While the group managed to flee, one Chaitanya Sahu among them, climbed up a tree in his desperate attempt to save himself from the wrath of the animal, Mishra said.
Finding another prey, the bear climbed the tree and also killed him before devouring his body, he said.
After being informed of the incident, forest and police personnel rushed to the spot today and found the three bodies bereft of most organs, Mishra said.
Post-mortem was conducted on the bodies at the district hospital here even as the incident created a sense of fear and panic in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death