Berhampur: 4 dead after drinking `toddy`
Berhampur: At least four persons,
including a woman, died in Odisha`s Gajapati district after
allegedly consuming spurious `toddy` last night but the
district authorities suspected the cause of death to be food
While one of them died at the medical centre at
Mohana, three others succumbed on way to the hospital, police
Four other persons of the same village had been
referred to the MKCG Medical College Hospital here.
The deceased were identified as Usharani Nayak (65),
Sarat Nayak (45), Kailash Mali (28) and Anadi Bagsingh (60) of
While their families claimed that they had consumed
spurious `toddy`, a brew prepared from juice of date tree,
District Collector RP Singh said an inquiry is on into the
circumstances of their death.
Separate probes had been conducted by the additional
district magistrate, police excise and health officers.
"We are also waiting for the post-mortem report to
find out the cause of the death which was suspected to be
caused by food foisoning,"" Chief District Medical Officer,
Gajapati, PK Behera said.
The exact cause of the death would be known after
getting the report of autopsy conducted at MKCG Medical
College Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead