Berhampur administration training tribal youths
Berhampur: To help tribal youths
in Kandhamal to qualify for various posts in the Army in the
forthcoming recruitment rally in Koraput, district
administration has decided to impart pre-recruitment training
to the prospective candidates.
Altogether 237 youths have been selected for a 10-day
training to be held in Phulbani from November 10. Since the
number of prospective candidates is high, the administration
has decided to conduct the training in two phases.
About 320 aspirants appeared in the first round of
The administration has decided to hold
screening tests for one more day on November 5 to help more
deserving young men take a shot at military glory.
"Despite several tribal youths having all the
qualification (physical and educational) they are unable to
compete in the recruitment rally due to lack of proper
knowledge. The pre-recruitment training will help them to
compete in the Army recruitment for different posts", said
Kandhamal district collector Rajesh Prabhakar Patil.
The candidates would also be trained to qualify in
The selected candidates will be accommodated in the
sports hostel at Phulbani and will be given free food during
the training period, a senior official said.
All the expenditure to conduct the screening tests and
impart training would be borne by Integrated Tribal
Development Agency (ITDA), he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday