Berhampur University students demand exemption of exam fees
Berhampur (Odisha): Post graduate students of Berhampur University here are demanding exemption of the examination fees this year in view of cyclone Phailin and flood that hit Odisha last month.
The process of filing examination forms for first and third semester students was to begin yesterday.
As the students were firm on their demand, the university authorities extended the date to December 6 to start the form fill up for the first and third semester examinations to be held in the first week of January 2014.
“We have demanded it earlier also as most of the students were badly affected due to the severe cyclone Phailin and subsequent flood in the state”, said students union president Bhabani Kanta Sahu.
The demand was also placed before the vice chancellor and post-graduate council chairman for appropriate steps to be taken with the state government, added Lalata Kumar Gouda, secretary of the students union.
The state government has already declared waiving of the examination fees of the Class IX and X in the cyclone and flood affected districts, including Ganjam. The government has also decided to provide text book sets and a pair of uniform to the disaster affected school students.
We want the government to immediately announce waiving of the examination fees for the university students, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31