Bhubaneswar to face power cut this summer
Bhubaneswar: Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU) providing electricity services to about 16 lakh consumers in coastal districts including in the state capital, today announced to go for power cut in this summer.
"CESU has decided to restrict power supply to people in loss making feeders. Hence, there will be daily three hour power restriction in the feeders where there is more than 60 per cent loss and 2 hours restriction in the feeders where loss is in between 60 to 50 percent," an official release issued by the power distribution company said.
CESU provides electricity in the districts of Angu, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Puri, Khurda, Nayagarh, Cuttack and part of Jajpur in the state.
Similarly, the load restriction will be for one hour in the feeder where the loss percentage is 40 to 50 per cent. "There will be no power restriction in the feeders having less than 40 per cent loss," it said.
CESU, however, said that the power restriction time will be lessen with the proportionate decrease in loss percentage in the feeders.
Justifying its decision, CESU said that during the financial year 2012-13, CESU has incurred an average 41 per cent of ATC loss. In Low Tension sector, there were some feeders where the loss level is more than 70 per cent. CESU bills only 50 per cent of the input power supplied to LT consumers, it said.
As per calculation, the power distribution company pointed out 1 per cent loss in CESU means cash loss of Rs 30 crore for which yearly loss is Rs 1200 crore. In most of the time, CESU is not able to paying monthly power purchase bill of GRIDCO, the state`s bulk power supplier.
This apart, the power input to CESU is increasing due to uncontrolled situation in theft and misuse of power, it said adding that the only alternative left with company is to go for power restriction in loss making feeders in CESU area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy