Bhubaneswar to face power cut this summer
Bhubaneswar: Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU) providing electricity services to about 16 lakh consumers in coastal districts including in the state capital, today announced to go for power cut in this summer.
"CESU has decided to restrict power supply to people in loss making feeders. Hence, there will be daily three hour power restriction in the feeders where there is more than 60 per cent loss and 2 hours restriction in the feeders where loss is in between 60 to 50 percent," an official release issued by the power distribution company said.
CESU provides electricity in the districts of Angu, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Puri, Khurda, Nayagarh, Cuttack and part of Jajpur in the state.
Similarly, the load restriction will be for one hour in the feeder where the loss percentage is 40 to 50 per cent. "There will be no power restriction in the feeders having less than 40 per cent loss," it said.
CESU, however, said that the power restriction time will be lessen with the proportionate decrease in loss percentage in the feeders.
Justifying its decision, CESU said that during the financial year 2012-13, CESU has incurred an average 41 per cent of ATC loss. In Low Tension sector, there were some feeders where the loss level is more than 70 per cent. CESU bills only 50 per cent of the input power supplied to LT consumers, it said.
As per calculation, the power distribution company pointed out 1 per cent loss in CESU means cash loss of Rs 30 crore for which yearly loss is Rs 1200 crore. In most of the time, CESU is not able to paying monthly power purchase bill of GRIDCO, the state`s bulk power supplier.
This apart, the power input to CESU is increasing due to uncontrolled situation in theft and misuse of power, it said adding that the only alternative left with company is to go for power restriction in loss making feeders in CESU area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM