BJD alone can provide stable govt in Odisha: Naveen Patnaik
Phulbani: Exuding confidence that the BJD will retain power for a fourth consecutive term in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said his party alone could provide a stable government in the state.
"The political scenario in Odisha indicates that the BJD alone can form the government in the state," Patnaik said at a public meeting here during his whirlwind tour of Kandhamal district.
Opposition Congress and BJP "are known as synonym to instability" and BJD alone could provide a stable government in the state, he said.
Stating that the people had extended their "wonderful" support to the BJD in the past, Patnaik hoped they would again do so in the ensuing elections as well to help BJD carry out all-round development of the state, including Kandhamal.
The reference to development of Kandhamal assumed significance as the district was marred by consecutive ethno-communal riots in 2007 and 2008 and relief and rehabilitation measures were still underway.
Patnaik said the BJD government was committed to fulfil the dreams of former Chief Minister Biju Patnaik and the government could realise the same only with the people`s support for another term in the office.
Patnaik addressed three public meetings at Phulbani, Dandapadar near Baliguda and Raikia, and inaugurated as many as 40 projects and programmes including 108 Ambulance service and the zonal office of Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) at Baliguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions