BJD alone can provide stable govt in Odisha: Naveen Patnaik
Phulbani: Exuding confidence that the BJD will retain power for a fourth consecutive term in Odisha, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said his party alone could provide a stable government in the state.
"The political scenario in Odisha indicates that the BJD alone can form the government in the state," Patnaik said at a public meeting here during his whirlwind tour of Kandhamal district.
Opposition Congress and BJP "are known as synonym to instability" and BJD alone could provide a stable government in the state, he said.
Stating that the people had extended their "wonderful" support to the BJD in the past, Patnaik hoped they would again do so in the ensuing elections as well to help BJD carry out all-round development of the state, including Kandhamal.
The reference to development of Kandhamal assumed significance as the district was marred by consecutive ethno-communal riots in 2007 and 2008 and relief and rehabilitation measures were still underway.
Patnaik said the BJD government was committed to fulfil the dreams of former Chief Minister Biju Patnaik and the government could realise the same only with the people`s support for another term in the office.
Patnaik addressed three public meetings at Phulbani, Dandapadar near Baliguda and Raikia, and inaugurated as many as 40 projects and programmes including 108 Ambulance service and the zonal office of Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) at Baliguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof