BJD demands CBI probe into link between Tytler, Verma
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD in Odisha on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the relation between Congress in-charge of the state Jagdish Tytler and arrested arms dealer Abishek Verma.
"Verma has admitted his link with Tytler, who is AICC general secretary in-charge of Odisha," BJD member Amar Satpathy said raising the issue during zero hour in the assembly.
Satpathy was supported by party colleagues Jiban Pradip Das, Ananta Das, Samir Ranjan Dash who alleged that Tytler was hand in glove with the arms dealer.
This was opposed by Leader of the Opposition Bhupinder Singh and OPCC chief Prasad Harichandan.
They said it was wrong to discuss a person who was not present in the house to defend himself and it was also in contradiction of the Speaker`s rule.
As the CBI was probing the Verma case, there was no point in demanding a CBI investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30