BJD demands CBI probe into link between Tytler, Verma
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD in Odisha on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the relation between Congress in-charge of the state Jagdish Tytler and arrested arms dealer Abishek Verma.
"Verma has admitted his link with Tytler, who is AICC general secretary in-charge of Odisha," BJD member Amar Satpathy said raising the issue during zero hour in the assembly.
Satpathy was supported by party colleagues Jiban Pradip Das, Ananta Das, Samir Ranjan Dash who alleged that Tytler was hand in glove with the arms dealer.
This was opposed by Leader of the Opposition Bhupinder Singh and OPCC chief Prasad Harichandan.
They said it was wrong to discuss a person who was not present in the house to defend himself and it was also in contradiction of the Speaker`s rule.
As the CBI was probing the Verma case, there was no point in demanding a CBI investigation into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference