BJD demands CBI probe into link between Tytler, Verma
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD in Odisha on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the relation between Congress in-charge of the state Jagdish Tytler and arrested arms dealer Abishek Verma.
"Verma has admitted his link with Tytler, who is AICC general secretary in-charge of Odisha," BJD member Amar Satpathy said raising the issue during zero hour in the assembly.
Satpathy was supported by party colleagues Jiban Pradip Das, Ananta Das, Samir Ranjan Dash who alleged that Tytler was hand in glove with the arms dealer.
This was opposed by Leader of the Opposition Bhupinder Singh and OPCC chief Prasad Harichandan.
They said it was wrong to discuss a person who was not present in the house to defend himself and it was also in contradiction of the Speaker`s rule.
As the CBI was probing the Verma case, there was no point in demanding a CBI investigation into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered