BJD elects Naveen Patnaik president for fifth time
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal on Monday elected Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik its president for the fifth time in a row.
Patnaik was the only candidate to have filed nomination papers for the post. "He was elected unopposed," the party`s returning officer and government chief whip Prabhat Tripathy told reporters.
The BJD was founded by Naveen Patnaik after the death of his father Biju Patnaik in 1997. The organisational elections of the party are held every three years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan