BJD elects Naveen Patnaik president for fifth time
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal on Monday elected Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik its president for the fifth time in a row.
Patnaik was the only candidate to have filed nomination papers for the post. "He was elected unopposed," the party`s returning officer and government chief whip Prabhat Tripathy told reporters.
The BJD was founded by Naveen Patnaik after the death of his father Biju Patnaik in 1997. The organisational elections of the party are held every three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'