BJD elects Naveen Patnaik president for fifth time
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal on Monday elected Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik its president for the fifth time in a row.
Patnaik was the only candidate to have filed nomination papers for the post. "He was elected unopposed," the party`s returning officer and government chief whip Prabhat Tripathy told reporters.
The BJD was founded by Naveen Patnaik after the death of his father Biju Patnaik in 1997. The organisational elections of the party are held every three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi