BJD govt involved in bigger scams: Tytler
Bhubaneswar: Intensifying his attack on
the BJD government in Orissa, Congress leader Jagdish Tytler
on Thursday accused it of being involved in a big port scam.
The Orissa government is involved in "corrupt"
practice by allowing private parties to set up at least eight
minor ports, Tytler told reporters informing there was no open
bidding before selecting port developers.
"The government is involved in a much bigger scam than
those reported," Tytler said apparently alluding to the 2G
spectrum controversy and others.
"The minor ports work has been given to private
companies without seeking tender for them," the senior
Congress leader said after arriving here for the fourth time
after taking charge of party`s Orissa unit.
Tytler said that the Congress would take up the matter
both inside and outside the assembly.
The state government, however, rejected Tytler`s
allegation terming it as "politically motivated."
"What Congress leader says is not based on truth. We
have taken steps as per the norms," Commerce and Transport
Minister Sanjeev Kumar Sahoo told reporters adding that
developers were selected based on their feasibility reports.
The government gave minor port work to the company
which promised more revenue for the state, Sahoo said.
Besides, there were multiple applications for each
proposed minor port in the state, he said adding that the
government finalised the developers on a transparent manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened