BJD govt involved in bigger scams: Tytler
Bhubaneswar: Intensifying his attack on
the BJD government in Orissa, Congress leader Jagdish Tytler
on Thursday accused it of being involved in a big port scam.
The Orissa government is involved in "corrupt"
practice by allowing private parties to set up at least eight
minor ports, Tytler told reporters informing there was no open
bidding before selecting port developers.
"The government is involved in a much bigger scam than
those reported," Tytler said apparently alluding to the 2G
spectrum controversy and others.
"The minor ports work has been given to private
companies without seeking tender for them," the senior
Congress leader said after arriving here for the fourth time
after taking charge of party`s Orissa unit.
Tytler said that the Congress would take up the matter
both inside and outside the assembly.
The state government, however, rejected Tytler`s
allegation terming it as "politically motivated."
"What Congress leader says is not based on truth. We
have taken steps as per the norms," Commerce and Transport
Minister Sanjeev Kumar Sahoo told reporters adding that
developers were selected based on their feasibility reports.
The government gave minor port work to the company
which promised more revenue for the state, Sahoo said.
Besides, there were multiple applications for each
proposed minor port in the state, he said adding that the
government finalised the developers on a transparent manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users