BJD govt involved in bigger scams: Tytler
Bhubaneswar: Intensifying his attack on
the BJD government in Orissa, Congress leader Jagdish Tytler
on Thursday accused it of being involved in a big port scam.
The Orissa government is involved in "corrupt"
practice by allowing private parties to set up at least eight
minor ports, Tytler told reporters informing there was no open
bidding before selecting port developers.
"The government is involved in a much bigger scam than
those reported," Tytler said apparently alluding to the 2G
spectrum controversy and others.
"The minor ports work has been given to private
companies without seeking tender for them," the senior
Congress leader said after arriving here for the fourth time
after taking charge of party`s Orissa unit.
Tytler said that the Congress would take up the matter
both inside and outside the assembly.
The state government, however, rejected Tytler`s
allegation terming it as "politically motivated."
"What Congress leader says is not based on truth. We
have taken steps as per the norms," Commerce and Transport
Minister Sanjeev Kumar Sahoo told reporters adding that
developers were selected based on their feasibility reports.
The government gave minor port work to the company
which promised more revenue for the state, Sahoo said.
Besides, there were multiple applications for each
proposed minor port in the state, he said adding that the
government finalised the developers on a transparent manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29