BJD govt to examine whether to allow FDI in retail: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: The BJD government on Saturday said it would examine whether to allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Odisha.
"The Centre has left it to state governments. Therefore, we will examine it carefully," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
"We will do whatever is best for Odisha and its people," he said.
The chief minister`s reaction came a day after the union cabinet approved 51 per cent foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert