BJD govt to examine whether to allow FDI in retail: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: The BJD government on Saturday said it would examine whether to allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Odisha.
"The Centre has left it to state governments. Therefore, we will examine it carefully," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
"We will do whatever is best for Odisha and its people," he said.
The chief minister`s reaction came a day after the union cabinet approved 51 per cent foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez