BJD govt to examine whether to allow FDI in retail: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: The BJD government on Saturday said it would examine whether to allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Odisha.
"The Centre has left it to state governments. Therefore, we will examine it carefully," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
"We will do whatever is best for Odisha and its people," he said.
The chief minister`s reaction came a day after the union cabinet approved 51 per cent foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP