BJD govt to examine whether to allow FDI in retail: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: The BJD government on Saturday said it would examine whether to allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Odisha.
"The Centre has left it to state governments. Therefore, we will examine it carefully," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
"We will do whatever is best for Odisha and its people," he said.
The chief minister`s reaction came a day after the union cabinet approved 51 per cent foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding