BJD govt to examine whether to allow FDI in retail: Naveen
Bhubaneswar: The BJD government on Saturday said it would examine whether to allow FDI in multi-brand retail in Odisha.
"The Centre has left it to state governments. Therefore, we will examine it carefully," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
"We will do whatever is best for Odisha and its people," he said.
The chief minister`s reaction came a day after the union cabinet approved 51 per cent foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof