BJD Hinjili leader resigns
Berhampur: Ruling BJD`s Hinjili
town unit president has resigned from the party`s primary
membership ahead of the panchayat polls in Odisha.
Hinjili is in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s
constituency in Ganjam district and the party leader Krushna
Chandra Mahapatra, a follower of late Biju Patnaik, resigned
alleging inaction by the party chief in checking corruption
and goondaism in the constituency.
I have dispatched my resignation letter to the chief
minister, who is also the president of the party and to BJD
district unit chief Subash Moharana, he said.
Moharana, however, hoped the matter would be sorted
out amicably. He (Mohapatra) is one of the senior members of
the party and the matter will be solved through discussion.
There is no dissident in the party in the district,
particularly in Hinjili constituency, Moharana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured