BJD Hinjili leader resigns
Berhampur: Ruling BJD`s Hinjili
town unit president has resigned from the party`s primary
membership ahead of the panchayat polls in Odisha.
Hinjili is in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s
constituency in Ganjam district and the party leader Krushna
Chandra Mahapatra, a follower of late Biju Patnaik, resigned
alleging inaction by the party chief in checking corruption
and goondaism in the constituency.
I have dispatched my resignation letter to the chief
minister, who is also the president of the party and to BJD
district unit chief Subash Moharana, he said.
Moharana, however, hoped the matter would be sorted
out amicably. He (Mohapatra) is one of the senior members of
the party and the matter will be solved through discussion.
There is no dissident in the party in the district,
particularly in Hinjili constituency, Moharana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation