BJD Hinjili leader resigns
Berhampur: Ruling BJD`s Hinjili
town unit president has resigned from the party`s primary
membership ahead of the panchayat polls in Odisha.
Hinjili is in Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s
constituency in Ganjam district and the party leader Krushna
Chandra Mahapatra, a follower of late Biju Patnaik, resigned
alleging inaction by the party chief in checking corruption
and goondaism in the constituency.
I have dispatched my resignation letter to the chief
minister, who is also the president of the party and to BJD
district unit chief Subash Moharana, he said.
Moharana, however, hoped the matter would be sorted
out amicably. He (Mohapatra) is one of the senior members of
the party and the matter will be solved through discussion.
There is no dissident in the party in the district,
particularly in Hinjili constituency, Moharana said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation