BJD holds protests against Rail Budget
Bhubaneswar: The ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) Wednesday organised demonstrations across Odisha against the central government for neglecting the state the rail budget.
Party activists staged demonstrations near various railway stations across the state, a senior party leader told IANS here.
Similarly, the party legislators raised the issue during the zero hour in the ongoing monsoon session of the state assembly and raised slogans against the central government.
Holding placards and banners, they later staged a sit-in demonstration near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi within the assembly premises.
The protests by the ruling party came a day after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said his government had requested projects worth Rs 3,160 crore for the state but the central government granted only Rs 1,420 crore in the budget.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...