BJD infighting intensifies as Naveen, Pyari exchange words
Bhubaneswar: The infighting in the ruling BJD in Odisha further intensified on Friday with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik rejecting party`s rebel leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra`s allegation of the state`s bid to foil Odisha Jan Morcha`s (OJM) proposed rally here on October 28.
"The allegations made in his (Mohapatra) letter are false and baseless," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a six-day visit to New Delhi.
With Patnaik rejecting OJM leader`s allegation, the youth wing of the BJD demanded expulsion of Mohapatra from the party. Patnaik`s supporters hit the streets and burnt pictures of Mohapatra besides asking him to resign as an MP of the Rajya Sabha.
"Mohapatra should tender his resignation as an MP on moral ground as he has been nominated to the Upper House of the Parliament by Naveen Patnaik," BJD youth wing president and MLA Sanjay Dasburma told reporters.
Mohapatra, in a letter to Patnaik yesterday, had alleged that attempts were being made by the ruling party and the government at the instruction of the chief minister to foil OJM`s proposed rally in the state capital.
Mohapatra, who floated OJM within the BJD four months after being suspended from the regional outfit on charge of attempting to topple the Patnaik government, however, shot off another letter to the Chief Minister this evening.
Mohapatra`s second letter within 24-hours came in response to Patnaik`s statement to his first letter where he had alleged the Chief Minister`s involvement in attempting to disrupt OJM`s proposed rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'