BJD infighting intensifies as Naveen, Pyari exchange words
Bhubaneswar: The infighting in the ruling BJD in Odisha further intensified on Friday with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik rejecting party`s rebel leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra`s allegation of the state`s bid to foil Odisha Jan Morcha`s (OJM) proposed rally here on October 28.
"The allegations made in his (Mohapatra) letter are false and baseless," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a six-day visit to New Delhi.
With Patnaik rejecting OJM leader`s allegation, the youth wing of the BJD demanded expulsion of Mohapatra from the party. Patnaik`s supporters hit the streets and burnt pictures of Mohapatra besides asking him to resign as an MP of the Rajya Sabha.
"Mohapatra should tender his resignation as an MP on moral ground as he has been nominated to the Upper House of the Parliament by Naveen Patnaik," BJD youth wing president and MLA Sanjay Dasburma told reporters.
Mohapatra, in a letter to Patnaik yesterday, had alleged that attempts were being made by the ruling party and the government at the instruction of the chief minister to foil OJM`s proposed rally in the state capital.
Mohapatra, who floated OJM within the BJD four months after being suspended from the regional outfit on charge of attempting to topple the Patnaik government, however, shot off another letter to the Chief Minister this evening.
Mohapatra`s second letter within 24-hours came in response to Patnaik`s statement to his first letter where he had alleged the Chief Minister`s involvement in attempting to disrupt OJM`s proposed rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt