BJD infighting intensifies as Naveen, Pyari exchange words
Bhubaneswar: The infighting in the ruling BJD in Odisha further intensified on Friday with Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik rejecting party`s rebel leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra`s allegation of the state`s bid to foil Odisha Jan Morcha`s (OJM) proposed rally here on October 28.
"The allegations made in his (Mohapatra) letter are false and baseless," Patnaik told reporters before leaving on a six-day visit to New Delhi.
With Patnaik rejecting OJM leader`s allegation, the youth wing of the BJD demanded expulsion of Mohapatra from the party. Patnaik`s supporters hit the streets and burnt pictures of Mohapatra besides asking him to resign as an MP of the Rajya Sabha.
"Mohapatra should tender his resignation as an MP on moral ground as he has been nominated to the Upper House of the Parliament by Naveen Patnaik," BJD youth wing president and MLA Sanjay Dasburma told reporters.
Mohapatra, in a letter to Patnaik yesterday, had alleged that attempts were being made by the ruling party and the government at the instruction of the chief minister to foil OJM`s proposed rally in the state capital.
Mohapatra, who floated OJM within the BJD four months after being suspended from the regional outfit on charge of attempting to topple the Patnaik government, however, shot off another letter to the Chief Minister this evening.
Mohapatra`s second letter within 24-hours came in response to Patnaik`s statement to his first letter where he had alleged the Chief Minister`s involvement in attempting to disrupt OJM`s proposed rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH