BJD joins high-tech campaign league in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: As the major political parties of the country have joined the high-tech election campaign, Biju Janata Dal has also decided to use latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment to solicit votes for its candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Odisha.
"Each vehicle has an LED screen, a sound system, internet connection, satellite TV and power back-up. A total of 147 vehicles will cover all assembly segments in the state," said a senior BJD leader.
The vehicles can display electronic contents for more than three hours at a stretch. Besides, the LED screens can directly telecast content downloaded from the internet.
The contents to be shown to the people have been selected by a professional group. These comprise highlights of the BJD government`s achievements during the last 14 years of its rule in the state and Patnaik`s profile, party sources said.
While candidates were asked to go for their own campaign, the vehicles would campaign for the party and make its poll symbol `conch cell` popular among the voters.
According to a BJD survey, illiterate and rural voters are sometimes get confused over its symbol. While Congress and BJP symbols are common, the party`s symbol of `conch cell` has been comparatively less popular, it said.
Party supremo Naveen Patnaik flagged off the campaign vehicles fitted with the equipment for campaigning for the first phase of polls in 70 assembly segments and 10 Lok Sabha seats.
The party dispatched 70 such customised vehicles to different parts of the state yestreday.
BJD is also preparing special audio and video materials for use during campaigning, specially in the rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!