BJD joins high-tech campaign league in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: As the major political parties of the country have joined the high-tech election campaign, Biju Janata Dal has also decided to use latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment to solicit votes for its candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls in Odisha.
"Each vehicle has an LED screen, a sound system, internet connection, satellite TV and power back-up. A total of 147 vehicles will cover all assembly segments in the state," said a senior BJD leader.
The vehicles can display electronic contents for more than three hours at a stretch. Besides, the LED screens can directly telecast content downloaded from the internet.
The contents to be shown to the people have been selected by a professional group. These comprise highlights of the BJD government`s achievements during the last 14 years of its rule in the state and Patnaik`s profile, party sources said.
While candidates were asked to go for their own campaign, the vehicles would campaign for the party and make its poll symbol `conch cell` popular among the voters.
According to a BJD survey, illiterate and rural voters are sometimes get confused over its symbol. While Congress and BJP symbols are common, the party`s symbol of `conch cell` has been comparatively less popular, it said.
Party supremo Naveen Patnaik flagged off the campaign vehicles fitted with the equipment for campaigning for the first phase of polls in 70 assembly segments and 10 Lok Sabha seats.
The party dispatched 70 such customised vehicles to different parts of the state yestreday.
BJD is also preparing special audio and video materials for use during campaigning, specially in the rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings