BJD leader held for accepting bribe
Bhubaneswar: A ruling BJD functionary was
suspended after anti-corruption sleuths arrested him for allegedly accepting a bribe from a government servant.
The party functionary BJD`s Tirtol block unit
president at Jagasinghpur Aswani Kumar Das was arrested yesterday for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.2 lakh from an executive engineer suppressing an inquiry against him, Inspector General of Police, Vigilance, S K Upadhay, said.
"His hand wash was taken which gave positive chemical
reaction confirming acceptance of the bribe," Upadhay said.
Das a resident of Salampur village was arrested from a
government bunglow in Cuttack after he fled with the bribe,
vigilance sources said.
He allegedly accepted the money from the engineer in a
car but fled when he got wind of the vigilance officials.
A case was registered against Das under Sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 420 of IPC.
The BJD suspended Das from the primary membership of the party as per the recommendation made by the party`s Jagatsinghpur district unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'