BJD minister declares OJM unconstitutional
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of the rally by Odisha Jan Morcha launched by party Rajya Sabha member and rebel Pyarimohan Mohapatra, a BJD minister on Saturday declared it as unconstitutional.
"OJM has not been formed as per the constitution of the party. Therefore, OJM should not be referred as a frontal wing of the BJD," Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das and BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told reporters.
Dubbing the OJM as the `B` team of Congress and its leader Mohapatra as a `Congress agent`, the minister said, "The BJD has asked all its leaders, activists and supporters to refrain from attending OJM rally as it is not part of the ruling party," the minister said.
BJD`s women and students wing members burnt effigies of the OJM`s founder demanding his resignation.
Mohapatra, who launched the OJM `within the BJD` to `cleanse and reform` the ruling party, has been suspended from the party on charge of attempting to topple the Naveen Patnaik government. He has refused to resign from the Rajya Sabha.
Security arrangements have been made for tomorrow`s rally with 40 platoons (1200) police personnel including 150 officers kept ready, Commissioner of Police Sunil Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli