BJD minister declares OJM unconstitutional
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of the rally by Odisha Jan Morcha launched by party Rajya Sabha member and rebel Pyarimohan Mohapatra, a BJD minister on Saturday declared it as unconstitutional.
"OJM has not been formed as per the constitution of the party. Therefore, OJM should not be referred as a frontal wing of the BJD," Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das and BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told reporters.
Dubbing the OJM as the `B` team of Congress and its leader Mohapatra as a `Congress agent`, the minister said, "The BJD has asked all its leaders, activists and supporters to refrain from attending OJM rally as it is not part of the ruling party," the minister said.
BJD`s women and students wing members burnt effigies of the OJM`s founder demanding his resignation.
Mohapatra, who launched the OJM `within the BJD` to `cleanse and reform` the ruling party, has been suspended from the party on charge of attempting to topple the Naveen Patnaik government. He has refused to resign from the Rajya Sabha.
Security arrangements have been made for tomorrow`s rally with 40 platoons (1200) police personnel including 150 officers kept ready, Commissioner of Police Sunil Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks