BJD minister declares OJM unconstitutional
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of the rally by Odisha Jan Morcha launched by party Rajya Sabha member and rebel Pyarimohan Mohapatra, a BJD minister on Saturday declared it as unconstitutional.
"OJM has not been formed as per the constitution of the party. Therefore, OJM should not be referred as a frontal wing of the BJD," Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das and BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told reporters.
Dubbing the OJM as the `B` team of Congress and its leader Mohapatra as a `Congress agent`, the minister said, "The BJD has asked all its leaders, activists and supporters to refrain from attending OJM rally as it is not part of the ruling party," the minister said.
BJD`s women and students wing members burnt effigies of the OJM`s founder demanding his resignation.
Mohapatra, who launched the OJM `within the BJD` to `cleanse and reform` the ruling party, has been suspended from the party on charge of attempting to topple the Naveen Patnaik government. He has refused to resign from the Rajya Sabha.
Security arrangements have been made for tomorrow`s rally with 40 platoons (1200) police personnel including 150 officers kept ready, Commissioner of Police Sunil Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read