BJD minister declares OJM unconstitutional
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of the rally by Odisha Jan Morcha launched by party Rajya Sabha member and rebel Pyarimohan Mohapatra, a BJD minister on Saturday declared it as unconstitutional.
"OJM has not been formed as per the constitution of the party. Therefore, OJM should not be referred as a frontal wing of the BJD," Panchayati Raj minister Kalpataru Das and BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told reporters.
Dubbing the OJM as the `B` team of Congress and its leader Mohapatra as a `Congress agent`, the minister said, "The BJD has asked all its leaders, activists and supporters to refrain from attending OJM rally as it is not part of the ruling party," the minister said.
BJD`s women and students wing members burnt effigies of the OJM`s founder demanding his resignation.
Mohapatra, who launched the OJM `within the BJD` to `cleanse and reform` the ruling party, has been suspended from the party on charge of attempting to topple the Naveen Patnaik government. He has refused to resign from the Rajya Sabha.
Security arrangements have been made for tomorrow`s rally with 40 platoons (1200) police personnel including 150 officers kept ready, Commissioner of Police Sunil Ray said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof