BJD names candidates for Rajya Sabha by-polls
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) on Saturday named its candidates for the Rajya Sabha by-elections for two seats from the state.
BJD president and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that former minister AU Singhdeo and Bhupinder Singh will be the party candidates for the July 3 elections.
The by-polls were necessitated following the election of party leaders Sashi Bhushan Behera and Rabinarayan Mohapatra to the state Assembly.
The BJD is set to retain both the seats on its own strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents