BJD opposes disruption of Parliament
New Delhi: Division in the Opposition on the approach to the CAG report on coal block allocation deepened on Wednesday night with BJD opposing disruption of Parliament proceedings on the issue.
"We want the House to function. Biju Janata Dal favours discussion on `coalgate` in Parliament. It would be more democratic to discuss it so that points of view of parties can be known on the issue," BJD leader and Lok Sabha MP B Mahtab told PTI.
He said stalling the proceedings of the House does not serve any purpose.
Earlier today, JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also NDA convenor, said discussions should take place in the two Houses on the coal block allocation issue.
At the same time, the JD-U said it was with BJP for the sake of NDA discipline and unity but that would be at the most for another two days.
In an attempt to assess the mood of other parties, Yadav talked to leaders of CPI-CPM, TDP, SP and BSP who favoured a debate instead of disruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31