BJD opposes disruption of Parliament
New Delhi: Division in the Opposition on the approach to the CAG report on coal block allocation deepened on Wednesday night with BJD opposing disruption of Parliament proceedings on the issue.
"We want the House to function. Biju Janata Dal favours discussion on `coalgate` in Parliament. It would be more democratic to discuss it so that points of view of parties can be known on the issue," BJD leader and Lok Sabha MP B Mahtab told PTI.
He said stalling the proceedings of the House does not serve any purpose.
Earlier today, JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also NDA convenor, said discussions should take place in the two Houses on the coal block allocation issue.
At the same time, the JD-U said it was with BJP for the sake of NDA discipline and unity but that would be at the most for another two days.
In an attempt to assess the mood of other parties, Yadav talked to leaders of CPI-CPM, TDP, SP and BSP who favoured a debate instead of disruption.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note