BJD opposes disruption of Parliament
New Delhi: Division in the Opposition on the approach to the CAG report on coal block allocation deepened on Wednesday night with BJD opposing disruption of Parliament proceedings on the issue.
"We want the House to function. Biju Janata Dal favours discussion on `coalgate` in Parliament. It would be more democratic to discuss it so that points of view of parties can be known on the issue," BJD leader and Lok Sabha MP B Mahtab told PTI.
He said stalling the proceedings of the House does not serve any purpose.
Earlier today, JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also NDA convenor, said discussions should take place in the two Houses on the coal block allocation issue.
At the same time, the JD-U said it was with BJP for the sake of NDA discipline and unity but that would be at the most for another two days.
In an attempt to assess the mood of other parties, Yadav talked to leaders of CPI-CPM, TDP, SP and BSP who favoured a debate instead of disruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'