BJD opposes disruption of Parliament
New Delhi: Division in the Opposition on the approach to the CAG report on coal block allocation deepened on Wednesday night with BJD opposing disruption of Parliament proceedings on the issue.
"We want the House to function. Biju Janata Dal favours discussion on `coalgate` in Parliament. It would be more democratic to discuss it so that points of view of parties can be known on the issue," BJD leader and Lok Sabha MP B Mahtab told PTI.
He said stalling the proceedings of the House does not serve any purpose.
Earlier today, JD-U leader Sharad Yadav, who is also NDA convenor, said discussions should take place in the two Houses on the coal block allocation issue.
At the same time, the JD-U said it was with BJP for the sake of NDA discipline and unity but that would be at the most for another two days.
In an attempt to assess the mood of other parties, Yadav talked to leaders of CPI-CPM, TDP, SP and BSP who favoured a debate instead of disruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data