BJD plans 3 mega rallies in different places on Biju B`Day
Bhubaneswar: After two rallies by BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Odisha, the ruling BJD has planned three mega ones ahead of the coming elections.
"The party has planned three mega rallies on March 5 on legendary Biju Patnaik`s birth anniversary," BJD vice-president and Panchayati Raj Minister Kalpataru Das told reporters here today.
A youth rally would be held at Bhubaneswar on March 5, and another by women at Berhampur besides a third by kendu leaf pluckers and construction workers at Sambalpur.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik is likely to address all three meetings, party sources said.
The three rallies were considered as a reply of the ruling party to the opposition Congress and BJP which organised public meetings at Bhubaneswar and Salipur.
Another party vice-president and Finance Minister Prasanna Acharya said the BJD would launch a 13-day statewide `sankha bajao, swabhimaan banchao` (blow conch cells and keep up self pride) campaign on February 20.
The campaign, to be launched by the Chief Minister from Hinjlikatu, his Assembly constituency, would highlight the welfare programmes of the state government, besides raising the issue of negligence of toward Odisha by the central government, Acharya said.
Though the ruling party has 35 lakh members, it was planning to launch another membership drive to include five lakh more people in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections