BJD RS member hopes hostage crisis will end soon
Berhampur: Expressing hope that the hostage crisis would end soon, senior BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra has welcomed the Odisha government taking steps to solve the problem.
"The government, within its limit, has been taking steps to solve the hostage crisis. I think it will be solved in the next two to three days," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Commenting on the abduction by Maoists two Italians from Kandhamal district on March 14 and BJD MLA from Laxmipur Jhina Hikaka in Koraput on March 24, he asked, "What will you do when you are in a similar situation?"
He, however, did not elaborate when asked whether the deal for a prisoner swap might set a precedent and dent the morale of the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani