BJD RS member hopes hostage crisis will end soon
Berhampur: Expressing hope that the hostage crisis would end soon, senior BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra has welcomed the Odisha government taking steps to solve the problem.
"The government, within its limit, has been taking steps to solve the hostage crisis. I think it will be solved in the next two to three days," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Commenting on the abduction by Maoists two Italians from Kandhamal district on March 14 and BJD MLA from Laxmipur Jhina Hikaka in Koraput on March 24, he asked, "What will you do when you are in a similar situation?"
He, however, did not elaborate when asked whether the deal for a prisoner swap might set a precedent and dent the morale of the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit