BJD RS member hopes hostage crisis will end soon
Berhampur: Expressing hope that the hostage crisis would end soon, senior BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra has welcomed the Odisha government taking steps to solve the problem.
"The government, within its limit, has been taking steps to solve the hostage crisis. I think it will be solved in the next two to three days," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Commenting on the abduction by Maoists two Italians from Kandhamal district on March 14 and BJD MLA from Laxmipur Jhina Hikaka in Koraput on March 24, he asked, "What will you do when you are in a similar situation?"
He, however, did not elaborate when asked whether the deal for a prisoner swap might set a precedent and dent the morale of the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress