BJD RS member hopes hostage crisis will end soon
Berhampur: Expressing hope that the hostage crisis would end soon, senior BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra has welcomed the Odisha government taking steps to solve the problem.
"The government, within its limit, has been taking steps to solve the hostage crisis. I think it will be solved in the next two to three days," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Commenting on the abduction by Maoists two Italians from Kandhamal district on March 14 and BJD MLA from Laxmipur Jhina Hikaka in Koraput on March 24, he asked, "What will you do when you are in a similar situation?"
He, however, did not elaborate when asked whether the deal for a prisoner swap might set a precedent and dent the morale of the police.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy