BJD RS member hopes hostage crisis will end soon
Berhampur: Expressing hope that the hostage crisis would end soon, senior BJD leader Pyarimohan Mohapatra has welcomed the Odisha government taking steps to solve the problem.
"The government, within its limit, has been taking steps to solve the hostage crisis. I think it will be solved in the next two to three days," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Commenting on the abduction by Maoists two Italians from Kandhamal district on March 14 and BJD MLA from Laxmipur Jhina Hikaka in Koraput on March 24, he asked, "What will you do when you are in a similar situation?"
He, however, did not elaborate when asked whether the deal for a prisoner swap might set a precedent and dent the morale of the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi