BJD sweeps urban polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD on Friday swept the urban elections in Odisha by winning 44 of 66 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) while opposition Congress captured 12 and BJP had to rest with only one, official sources said.
BJD also won majority in Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BMC) with its candidates securing 24 of the 40 wards. BMC was the lone corporation where elections were held yesterday along with 25 municipalities and 40 notified area councils (NACs).
While results for 63 ULBs have already been declared, the process of counting of votes was still on in three civic bodies, a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
Counting of votes at Vyasanagar Municipality in Jajpur district would be held tomorrow due to re-polling in two wards today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement
- BJP appoints Laxman Gilua as new Jharkhand party chief
- No more secret! Newspaper says it uncovered KFC`s secret recipe