BJD sweeps urban polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD on Friday swept the urban elections in Odisha by winning 44 of 66 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) while opposition Congress captured 12 and BJP had to rest with only one, official sources said.
BJD also won majority in Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BMC) with its candidates securing 24 of the 40 wards. BMC was the lone corporation where elections were held yesterday along with 25 municipalities and 40 notified area councils (NACs).
While results for 63 ULBs have already been declared, the process of counting of votes was still on in three civic bodies, a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
Counting of votes at Vyasanagar Municipality in Jajpur district would be held tomorrow due to re-polling in two wards today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!