BJD sweeps urban polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD on Friday swept the urban elections in Odisha by winning 44 of 66 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) while opposition Congress captured 12 and BJP had to rest with only one, official sources said.
BJD also won majority in Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BMC) with its candidates securing 24 of the 40 wards. BMC was the lone corporation where elections were held yesterday along with 25 municipalities and 40 notified area councils (NACs).
While results for 63 ULBs have already been declared, the process of counting of votes was still on in three civic bodies, a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
Counting of votes at Vyasanagar Municipality in Jajpur district would be held tomorrow due to re-polling in two wards today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it