BJD to have ministers campaigning for corporation polls
Berhampur (Odisha): The ruling BJD in Odisha has drawn up an elaborate plan to deploy a host of ministers here to add spice to party`s campaign for election to the 40-ward Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BMC) scheduled to be held on September 19.
While revenue minister S N Patro and his ministerial colleague Usha Devi have already arrived, two other ministers, Bikram Keshari Arukh and Kalpataru Das will join them soon, BJD sources said here.
Chief Minster Naveen patnaik is scheduled to come here at the fag end of the campaign on September 16.
This is in addition to a number of MPs and MLAs taking up door-to-door canvassing, appealing voters to re-elect the party to power, the sources said.
Not to be outdone, former union minister and senior Congress leader Chandra Sekhar Sahu is now moving from ward to ward to woo voters.
Congress sources said the party has been trying to rope in a group of union ministers like Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sachin Pilot, Kumari Selja, Jairam Ramesh, K C Deo and Chiranjeevi to campaign in Berhampur.
"The PCC has sent letters to AICC to depute some prominent central leaders for campaigning," said a Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India