BJD to have ministers campaigning for corporation polls
Berhampur (Odisha): The ruling BJD in Odisha has drawn up an elaborate plan to deploy a host of ministers here to add spice to party`s campaign for election to the 40-ward Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BMC) scheduled to be held on September 19.
While revenue minister S N Patro and his ministerial colleague Usha Devi have already arrived, two other ministers, Bikram Keshari Arukh and Kalpataru Das will join them soon, BJD sources said here.
Chief Minster Naveen patnaik is scheduled to come here at the fag end of the campaign on September 16.
This is in addition to a number of MPs and MLAs taking up door-to-door canvassing, appealing voters to re-elect the party to power, the sources said.
Not to be outdone, former union minister and senior Congress leader Chandra Sekhar Sahu is now moving from ward to ward to woo voters.
Congress sources said the party has been trying to rope in a group of union ministers like Jyotiraditya Scindia, Sachin Pilot, Kumari Selja, Jairam Ramesh, K C Deo and Chiranjeevi to campaign in Berhampur.
"The PCC has sent letters to AICC to depute some prominent central leaders for campaigning," said a Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview