BJD yet to take decision on VP polls
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD in Odisha is yet to decide on whom to support in the Vice Presidential election though it was the first regional party to name PA Sangma as its candidate for the Presidential poll.
"The decision on the Vice President`s post will be taken after consultation with senior leaders and others in BJD," BJD chief and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik told reporters.
UPA`s Vice Presidential candidate Hamid Ansari had met Patnaik in Bhubaneswar where he had gone about two months back to attend a convocation.
"Patnaik is in a fix whether to support Ansari or vote for NDA candidate Jaswant Singh," a senior leader close to the chief minister said.
The ruling BJD has 14 MPs in the Lok Sabha and seven members in Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price