BJP asks EC to probe misuse of govt machinery by BJD
Bhubaneswar: Accusing ruling BJD of misusing government machinery and pumping huge money during elections in Odisha, senior BJP leader Bijoy Mohapatra today demanded a thorough probe by the Election Commission into the matter and role of officials in the whole process.
"Sensing an anti-BJD mood and disenchantment among voters, the ruling party in a desperate bid to influence the people indulged in gross misuse of government machinery and distributed huge money," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Accusing BJD of virtually taking over the office of the chief electoral officer (CEO), the veteran leader alleged that a senior IAS officer in chief minister`s office managed the two-phase polls on behalf of the ruling party.
Refuting the charges, BJD vice-president Kalpataru Das said wild and baseless allegations are being levelled by BJP leaders as they are frustrated due to imminent defeat.
Stating that a comprehensive report would be prepared and petition filed before the EC, Mohapatra sought a probe by the Election Commission into alleged dubious role played by the government officials in the entire poll process and BJD`s election management.
Claiming that government officials who have stakes in the ruling party, managed the concerned authorities, he said the chief minister?s office functioned as BJD office and the election atmosphere in the state has been vitiated.
Mohapatra said said BJP will submit a detailed report on alleged irregularities to the EC, particularly on the role of certain government officials in working for ruling BJD.
The BJP leader also alleged that the ruling party used several key government officials in the election with a malafide intention.
Though a huge amount of cash amounting to crores of rupees and vehicles carrying them had been seized during the elections, the concerned authorities had not given any information about the number of cases and names of persons who have been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?