BJP asks EC to probe misuse of govt machinery by BJD
Bhubaneswar: Accusing ruling BJD of misusing government machinery and pumping huge money during elections in Odisha, senior BJP leader Bijoy Mohapatra today demanded a thorough probe by the Election Commission into the matter and role of officials in the whole process.
"Sensing an anti-BJD mood and disenchantment among voters, the ruling party in a desperate bid to influence the people indulged in gross misuse of government machinery and distributed huge money," Mohapatra told reporters here.
Accusing BJD of virtually taking over the office of the chief electoral officer (CEO), the veteran leader alleged that a senior IAS officer in chief minister`s office managed the two-phase polls on behalf of the ruling party.
Refuting the charges, BJD vice-president Kalpataru Das said wild and baseless allegations are being levelled by BJP leaders as they are frustrated due to imminent defeat.
Stating that a comprehensive report would be prepared and petition filed before the EC, Mohapatra sought a probe by the Election Commission into alleged dubious role played by the government officials in the entire poll process and BJD`s election management.
Claiming that government officials who have stakes in the ruling party, managed the concerned authorities, he said the chief minister?s office functioned as BJD office and the election atmosphere in the state has been vitiated.
Mohapatra said said BJP will submit a detailed report on alleged irregularities to the EC, particularly on the role of certain government officials in working for ruling BJD.
The BJP leader also alleged that the ruling party used several key government officials in the election with a malafide intention.
Though a huge amount of cash amounting to crores of rupees and vehicles carrying them had been seized during the elections, the concerned authorities had not given any information about the number of cases and names of persons who have been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!