BJP criticises Goa Education Dept`s circulars
Panaji: Goa BJP on Friday accused the state
Education Department of "playing with the psyche of students",
saying the two recent circulars on mid-term test paper pattern
issued by it were "wrongly-timed".
BJP Goa chief Laxmikant Parsekar said the circular on
`Designing the pattern of mid-term test paper for Standard X`
was issued after the question papers for the mid-term
examinations are already set and given for printing.
"The examinations are happening in the first week of
August and the department has sent circular today (July 29).
The Education Department is playing with the psyche of
students and teachers by such actions," he said.
Moreover, the department has decided to restructure the
papers of the first term, second term and final examinations,
"Similarly, the department has also issued instructions
that those who have failed in two subjects in Standard XI, can
avail the facility of ATKT and join Standard XII. This
circular also came a month after the academic year has begun,"
Parsekar, a teacher by profession, said that a month of
their academic year has been wasted due to delayed circulars.
BJP also condemned the frequent food poisoning through
Mid-Day meal scheme launched for the students by the
"Political agents have bagged contracts for the scheme.
These agents sub-let the contract to the agencies, who do not
possess valid Food and Drug Administration licences," he said.
On June 15, around 52 students fell ill due to food
poisoning, while this week, 12 students from Curtorim
constituency had to be hospitalised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'