BJP demands Acharya`s resignation on moral grounds
Bhubaneswar: Opposition BJP in Odisha on Friday demanded resignation of state finance minister Prasanna Acharya in the wake of a Commission finding fault with the drugs administration for spurious liquor tragedy of February 2012 that claimed 41 lives.
"Acharya, who was then the state`s health minister should resign from the ministry on moral grounds," BJP state president KV Singhdeo demanded at a media conference here.
Though the then excise minister AU Singhdeo resigned from the ministry after the hooch tragedy in Khurda and Cuttack district, Acharya refused to quit the post.
"As Acharya had then told to wait for the report of the inquiry commission, now he should step down," the BJP president said.
The Commission of Inquiry headed by Justice AS Naidu has found fault with the system of the state drugs administration and blamed the tragedy on lack of coordination between police, excise and drugs administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love