BJP demands minister’s resignation over bomb blast in school
Cuttack: Holding the Odisha Government responsible for the bomb explosion in a school, the BJP on Wednesday demanded resignation of School and Mass Education minister Rabi Narayan Nanda on moral ground.
BJP state working committee member and senior leader Dilip Kumar Mallick of Cuttack Sadar has pointed out that the state government cannot run away from its accountability by suspending a school teacher for the Monday?s mishap in which a crude bomb went off inside the classroom where 58 students were present at the time of the incident.
"Without possession of any conclusive evidence despite the ongoing departmental and police investigations for last 48 hours, how could the government pass on the buck by suspending a teacher," Mallick asked saying the poor teacher was in no way concerned with the incident as he was in the classroom only on the basis of an adjustment made by the school headmistress since the class teacher of the concerned class was on leave for the day.
Mallick further alleged that the Cuttack Commissionerate police should also be taken to task for ignoring earlier criminal activities in the locality.
"Local police were aware of preparation of bombs in certain areas and instead of taking any deterrent measures, the police were looking the other way," Mallick alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan