BJP demands SIT probe in corruption cases in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The BJP on Thursday demanded a thorough
probe by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) into all
corruption cases in Orissa.
"All scams that have taken place during the 11-year-rule of
Naveen Patnaik should be investigated thoroughly by SIT,"
BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaya told reporters after
releasing a chargesheet against the state government.
SIT should be formed to probe scams relating to MGNREGA,
dal scandal, mining, water, cheating of farmers, diversion of
funds meant for tribals and other issues, he said, adding
inquiry should be conducted preferably under monitoring and
supervision of the Orissa High Court.
On CBI probe into MGNREGA scam being conducted in six
districts, senior party leader Bijoy Mohapatra said all the 30
districts of the state and all the years from 2006-07 to
2010-11 should be included within purview of the
"Since irregularities were rampant throughout the state, a
comprehensive inquiry is required in all the districts instead
of confining it to six districts," he said.
Referring to the multi-crore scam in purchase of dal for
mid-day meal and other schemes, he claimed that probe by
vigilance wing had virtually been stopped as it was feared
that many officers, ministers and the chief minister himself
would have to be dragged into its purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi