BJP demands SIT probe in corruption cases in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: The BJP on Thursday demanded a thorough
probe by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) into all
corruption cases in Orissa.
"All scams that have taken place during the 11-year-rule of
Naveen Patnaik should be investigated thoroughly by SIT,"
BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaya told reporters after
releasing a chargesheet against the state government.
SIT should be formed to probe scams relating to MGNREGA,
dal scandal, mining, water, cheating of farmers, diversion of
funds meant for tribals and other issues, he said, adding
inquiry should be conducted preferably under monitoring and
supervision of the Orissa High Court.
On CBI probe into MGNREGA scam being conducted in six
districts, senior party leader Bijoy Mohapatra said all the 30
districts of the state and all the years from 2006-07 to
2010-11 should be included within purview of the
"Since irregularities were rampant throughout the state, a
comprehensive inquiry is required in all the districts instead
of confining it to six districts," he said.
Referring to the multi-crore scam in purchase of dal for
mid-day meal and other schemes, he claimed that probe by
vigilance wing had virtually been stopped as it was feared
that many officers, ministers and the chief minister himself
would have to be dragged into its purview.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks