BJP excludes "Nuakhai" activities from bandh purview
Bhubaneswar: As a mark of respect towards the "Nuakhai", a major festival of western districts of Odisha, the BJP on Monday announced to keep the celebration out of bandh purview.
"We have decided to exclude all activities related to Nuakhai festival from the purview of bandh on September 20," BJP state president Jual Oram said in a statement.
Stating that the party regrets for little bit of difficulties for the people of western Odisha due to the bandh on the festive day, Oram said essential services like health care, medicine stores, fire brigade, milk products and vegetables would be kept out of the protest.
The party sought cooperation of all the people in observing the bandh in protest against the increase in the price of diesel, regulation on cooking gas and FDI in multi-brand retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games