BJP excludes "Nuakhai" activities from bandh purview
Bhubaneswar: As a mark of respect towards the "Nuakhai", a major festival of western districts of Odisha, the BJP on Monday announced to keep the celebration out of bandh purview.
"We have decided to exclude all activities related to Nuakhai festival from the purview of bandh on September 20," BJP state president Jual Oram said in a statement.
Stating that the party regrets for little bit of difficulties for the people of western Odisha due to the bandh on the festive day, Oram said essential services like health care, medicine stores, fire brigade, milk products and vegetables would be kept out of the protest.
The party sought cooperation of all the people in observing the bandh in protest against the increase in the price of diesel, regulation on cooking gas and FDI in multi-brand retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details