BJP excludes "Nuakhai" activities from bandh purview
Bhubaneswar: As a mark of respect towards the "Nuakhai", a major festival of western districts of Odisha, the BJP on Monday announced to keep the celebration out of bandh purview.
"We have decided to exclude all activities related to Nuakhai festival from the purview of bandh on September 20," BJP state president Jual Oram said in a statement.
Stating that the party regrets for little bit of difficulties for the people of western Odisha due to the bandh on the festive day, Oram said essential services like health care, medicine stores, fire brigade, milk products and vegetables would be kept out of the protest.
The party sought cooperation of all the people in observing the bandh in protest against the increase in the price of diesel, regulation on cooking gas and FDI in multi-brand retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad