BJP excludes "Nuakhai" activities from bandh purview
Bhubaneswar: As a mark of respect towards the "Nuakhai", a major festival of western districts of Odisha, the BJP on Monday announced to keep the celebration out of bandh purview.
"We have decided to exclude all activities related to Nuakhai festival from the purview of bandh on September 20," BJP state president Jual Oram said in a statement.
Stating that the party regrets for little bit of difficulties for the people of western Odisha due to the bandh on the festive day, Oram said essential services like health care, medicine stores, fire brigade, milk products and vegetables would be kept out of the protest.
The party sought cooperation of all the people in observing the bandh in protest against the increase in the price of diesel, regulation on cooking gas and FDI in multi-brand retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog