BJP expects 3 lakh people at Modi`s Feb 11 rally in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Ahead of its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s visit to Odisha on February 11, the BJP on Saturday said it was expecting about three lakh people at his public meeting.
"We have made arrangements for party workers who will come from across the state to take part in the meeting. Though we have planned for two lakh people, the number could well be three lakh," BJP state president KV Singhdeo told reporters here.
Modi would be accompanied by BJP president Rajnath Singh and senior leader and former chief minister of Jharkhand Arjun Munda.
Singhdeo said Modi would arrive at 12.45 pm by air to address the rally at 1:00 pm before flying back.
Convener of the rally, Bhrugu Baxipatra, said about 15,000 youths were registered as volunters, while members of Mahila Morcha, the women`s wing of the party, would reach out to every household through a `mehendi programme` to encourage participation by women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next