BJP leader B K Deo passes away
Bhawanipatna (Orissa): Senior BJP leader
and three-time MP Bikram Keshari Deo passed away at his
residence here on Wednesday, family sources said.
Deo who had a bypass surgery in 1995 died of cardiac
aliments, the sources said.
He was 58.
Deo, a member of the Kalahandi royal family, is survived
by wife, a son and two daughters.
He was the son of the ruler of erstwhile princely state
of Kalahandi, Late Pratap Keshari Deo, also a former MP.
Besides representing Junagarh assembly segment in the
Orissa assembly several times, Deo was elected to Parliament
thrice in a row from 1998. He was an MP in 12th, 13th and 14
Lok Sabha from Kalahandi Parliamantary constituency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India