BJP preparing strategy for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Office-bearers of BJP`s Odisha unit have gathered at their state headquarters here to discuss the party`s strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Senior BJP leader Surama Padhi said that the meeting of the 2,000 office-bearers is aimed at preparing them for holding a door-to-door campaign covering 30 lakh families.
The aim of the above drive would be to reach to the people the message of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is to hold his second public meeting in the state at Sambalpur on March 12.
Modi had addressed his first public meeting at Baramunda ground here on February 11.
Although BJP had had an indifferent showing in the state in the 2009 general elections, their performance was comparatively better in the western districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port