BJP preparing strategy for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Office-bearers of BJP`s Odisha unit have gathered at their state headquarters here to discuss the party`s strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Senior BJP leader Surama Padhi said that the meeting of the 2,000 office-bearers is aimed at preparing them for holding a door-to-door campaign covering 30 lakh families.
The aim of the above drive would be to reach to the people the message of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is to hold his second public meeting in the state at Sambalpur on March 12.
Modi had addressed his first public meeting at Baramunda ground here on February 11.
Although BJP had had an indifferent showing in the state in the 2009 general elections, their performance was comparatively better in the western districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged