BJP preparing strategy for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Office-bearers of BJP`s Odisha unit have gathered at their state headquarters here to discuss the party`s strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Senior BJP leader Surama Padhi said that the meeting of the 2,000 office-bearers is aimed at preparing them for holding a door-to-door campaign covering 30 lakh families.
The aim of the above drive would be to reach to the people the message of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is to hold his second public meeting in the state at Sambalpur on March 12.
Modi had addressed his first public meeting at Baramunda ground here on February 11.
Although BJP had had an indifferent showing in the state in the 2009 general elections, their performance was comparatively better in the western districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!