BJP preparing strategy for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Office-bearers of BJP`s Odisha unit have gathered at their state headquarters here to discuss the party`s strategy for the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly polls.
Senior BJP leader Surama Padhi said that the meeting of the 2,000 office-bearers is aimed at preparing them for holding a door-to-door campaign covering 30 lakh families.
The aim of the above drive would be to reach to the people the message of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who is to hold his second public meeting in the state at Sambalpur on March 12.
Modi had addressed his first public meeting at Baramunda ground here on February 11.
Although BJP had had an indifferent showing in the state in the 2009 general elections, their performance was comparatively better in the western districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad