BJP rules out alliance with BJD in next election in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Ruling out any alliance with its erstwhile partner BJD in Odisha for next elections, BJP on Wednesday said it would fight the poll battle on its own strength.
"There will be no electoral understanding with the BJD. Neither pre-poll nor post-poll alliance with the ruling party is on our agenda," party`s All India spokesperson Chandan Mitra said.
To a query, he said there was no question of talks with chief minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik for forging an electoral alliance for the next elections.
Referring to the coal scam, Mitra said alleged irregularities in Odisha should be investigated by the CBI.
"Though manipulation and misuse of CBI is being alleged by many, a probe must be initiated by the investigating agency wherever there are irregularities in coal and mining sector", the BJP MP said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on