BJP rules out alliance with BJD in next election in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Ruling out any alliance with its erstwhile partner BJD in Odisha for next elections, BJP on Wednesday said it would fight the poll battle on its own strength.
"There will be no electoral understanding with the BJD. Neither pre-poll nor post-poll alliance with the ruling party is on our agenda," party`s All India spokesperson Chandan Mitra said.
To a query, he said there was no question of talks with chief minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik for forging an electoral alliance for the next elections.
Referring to the coal scam, Mitra said alleged irregularities in Odisha should be investigated by the CBI.
"Though manipulation and misuse of CBI is being alleged by many, a probe must be initiated by the investigating agency wherever there are irregularities in coal and mining sector", the BJP MP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis