BJP rules out alliance with BJD in next election in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Ruling out any alliance with its erstwhile partner BJD in Odisha for next elections, BJP on Wednesday said it would fight the poll battle on its own strength.
"There will be no electoral understanding with the BJD. Neither pre-poll nor post-poll alliance with the ruling party is on our agenda," party`s All India spokesperson Chandan Mitra said.
To a query, he said there was no question of talks with chief minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik for forging an electoral alliance for the next elections.
Referring to the coal scam, Mitra said alleged irregularities in Odisha should be investigated by the CBI.
"Though manipulation and misuse of CBI is being alleged by many, a probe must be initiated by the investigating agency wherever there are irregularities in coal and mining sector", the BJP MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy