BJP workers court arrest in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A large number of BJP supporters today courted arrest here while staging jail bharo agitation in front of the sub collector`s office here.
The agitation was the part of the saffron party`s state wide stir call given by the party`s state unit in protest against the Naveen Patnaik government`s alleged involvement in various scams and also its "inefficiency".
The arrested leaders included former minister Surama Padhy, former deputy speaker Rama Chandra Panda, former youth wing president Bibhuti Jena, Jayanti Padhihari and several others.
They were released later. The party supporters went in a procession in the town before staging agitation.
Earlier similar agitations were also held at Chhatrapur and Bhanajanagat towns in the district, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel