BJP workers court arrest in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A large number of BJP supporters today courted arrest here while staging jail bharo agitation in front of the sub collector`s office here.
The agitation was the part of the saffron party`s state wide stir call given by the party`s state unit in protest against the Naveen Patnaik government`s alleged involvement in various scams and also its "inefficiency".
The arrested leaders included former minister Surama Padhy, former deputy speaker Rama Chandra Panda, former youth wing president Bibhuti Jena, Jayanti Padhihari and several others.
They were released later. The party supporters went in a procession in the town before staging agitation.
Earlier similar agitations were also held at Chhatrapur and Bhanajanagat towns in the district, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...