BJP workers court arrest in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A large number of BJP supporters today courted arrest here while staging jail bharo agitation in front of the sub collector`s office here.
The agitation was the part of the saffron party`s state wide stir call given by the party`s state unit in protest against the Naveen Patnaik government`s alleged involvement in various scams and also its "inefficiency".
The arrested leaders included former minister Surama Padhy, former deputy speaker Rama Chandra Panda, former youth wing president Bibhuti Jena, Jayanti Padhihari and several others.
They were released later. The party supporters went in a procession in the town before staging agitation.
Earlier similar agitations were also held at Chhatrapur and Bhanajanagat towns in the district, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre