Black flags shown to Odisha CM
Koraput (Odisha): Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was on Thursday shown black flags during a visit to Maoist-affected Koraput district to launch a series of programmes aimed at benefitting tribals.
A group of Congress workers waved black flags and shouted anti-government slogans against Patnaik at the meeting here with the police whisking away the demonstrators and detaining them.
The chief minister said his government was committed to improve the economic condition of the people in the tribal-dominated district.
"My government is committed to the socio-economic development of the people, especially adivasis through ambitious development schemes," Patnaik emphasised.
The chief minister inaugurated a cattle-breed development programme, `Sakshara Bharat` (a literacy programme) and a mobile veterinary unit, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details