Black flags shown to Odisha CM
Koraput (Odisha): Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was on Thursday shown black flags during a visit to Maoist-affected Koraput district to launch a series of programmes aimed at benefitting tribals.
A group of Congress workers waved black flags and shouted anti-government slogans against Patnaik at the meeting here with the police whisking away the demonstrators and detaining them.
The chief minister said his government was committed to improve the economic condition of the people in the tribal-dominated district.
"My government is committed to the socio-economic development of the people, especially adivasis through ambitious development schemes," Patnaik emphasised.
The chief minister inaugurated a cattle-breed development programme, `Sakshara Bharat` (a literacy programme) and a mobile veterinary unit, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials