"Blaming Centre a fashion for non-Congress states"
Bhubaneswar: Congress on Thursday claimed that blaming Centre has become a fashion of non-Congress states which adopt an escapist approach.
"It has been a fashion of non-Congress states to blame Centre. They do so in order to escape from their responsibilities," AICC Secretary in-charge of Odisha, B K Hariprasad told reporters here.
Refuting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s allegation of central negligence towards Odisha, he said Congress-led UPA government has given Rs 1 lakh crore to Odisha which got only Rs 33,000 crore during NDA regime in which BJD was a partner.
"BJD cannot escape responsibilities anymore. The people of Odisha will certainly show them the doors in the next elections," he said.
On the clean image of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, he said, "If he is clean, then why the state government did not recommend CBI probe into mining and chitfund scams."
Hariprasad said the entire counil of ministers will go to jail if the mining scam and chitfund scam are probed properly.
On Naveen Patnaik, he said: "He (Patnaik) failed as a chief minister. He rules the state because of Biju legacy."
Hariprasad also rejected media reports on Congress`s alleged "soft attitude" towards Naveen and his party BJD.
Drawing a parallel between Karnataka and Odisha, Hariprasad said illegal mining had taken place in both the states. "A former Chief Minister of Karnataka has already gone to jail due to a through probe into allegations. Here also we demand a CBI probe into the mining scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH