"Blaming Centre a fashion for non-Congress states"
Bhubaneswar: Congress on Thursday claimed that blaming Centre has become a fashion of non-Congress states which adopt an escapist approach.
"It has been a fashion of non-Congress states to blame Centre. They do so in order to escape from their responsibilities," AICC Secretary in-charge of Odisha, B K Hariprasad told reporters here.
Refuting Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik`s allegation of central negligence towards Odisha, he said Congress-led UPA government has given Rs 1 lakh crore to Odisha which got only Rs 33,000 crore during NDA regime in which BJD was a partner.
"BJD cannot escape responsibilities anymore. The people of Odisha will certainly show them the doors in the next elections," he said.
On the clean image of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, he said, "If he is clean, then why the state government did not recommend CBI probe into mining and chitfund scams."
Hariprasad said the entire counil of ministers will go to jail if the mining scam and chitfund scam are probed properly.
On Naveen Patnaik, he said: "He (Patnaik) failed as a chief minister. He rules the state because of Biju legacy."
Hariprasad also rejected media reports on Congress`s alleged "soft attitude" towards Naveen and his party BJD.
Drawing a parallel between Karnataka and Odisha, Hariprasad said illegal mining had taken place in both the states. "A former Chief Minister of Karnataka has already gone to jail due to a through probe into allegations. Here also we demand a CBI probe into the mining scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest