Bodies of two kidnapped village guards found
Malkangiri: Two village guards who had been abducted by Maoists were found killed in naxal stronghold of Chitrakonda in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The bodies of Manik Khilo and Jagabandhu Khilo, Gram Rakhis of Handikhal and Joda Amba villages respectively, who had been abducted along with five others on September 23, were found with their throats slit in Panasput area today, Superintendent of police Akhileswar Singh said.
The seven gram rakhis were taken hostage after they made efforts to locate a former sarpanch, Mistu Khara and naib sarpanch Raju Khara, who were abducted by Maoists on September 20, he said.
While the bodies of the two gram rakhis were recovered from different locations in the area, five other village guards were set free by the red rebels, the SP said.
The released gram rakhis stated that they were tortured and beaten up by the ultras during their captivity.
However, there was no news about the ex-sarpanch and the naib sarpanch who are still believed to be in the captivity of the naxals inside the forest, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?